SDF-20TM (Turbine Mount) Unit designed to fit the base assembly of most 12” wind turbine. Ease of installation is of course the great benefit of this product, utilizing an existing penetration into the home and not disrupting the existing seal. It should be pointed out however that there are certain parameters that must be paid attention to for this installation to be affective.
Good sun exposure, preferably a south-southwest afternoon exposure for optimum fan operation, but because the PV Panel orientation is vertical in this installation it is not 100% necessary. What is essential is proper elevation of the fan in relation to the ridgeline of the home (see diagram). If the PV panel is allowed to fall into the shadow under the ridgeline it will stop generating power, at the precise time we’d like to see it operating at it’s strongest
Turbine Mount Installations:
Figure A’s existing vent location is to low on the roof for our standard Turbine Retrofit to operate effectively. But our Turbine Retrofit with our Remote Panel option will still allow us to use the existing hole if that’s what the customer prefers. The primary reason for selling this product is ease of installation, less concern with H.O.A.’s and of course the reduction of greater trauma involved with putting a new hole in the roof. Our PV Panel is bedded in Tempered safety glass, making it one of the most efficient panels in the world when it comes to light sensitivity. It’s vertical orientation will have very little effect on the over all operation of the fan PROVIDED it’s not asked to operate out of the shadows. Figure B. shows the PV Panel slightly elevated above the ridgeline. This installation will allow for optimum performance by the fan. However, it should be noted that generally this installation will not be as effective as ANY of our other products utilizing a direct south-southwest PV Panel exposure.
• 20 watt, state-of-the-art solar panel circuitry captures sunlight even on overcast days. Totally weatherproof panels designed for optimum efficiency constructed of tempered glass to resist hail and extreme weather conditions.
• Dome and Base molded with UV-stabilized ABS color-dyed plastic to prevent damage from sunlight and provide greater stability. Low profile, square design integrates well with shingles.
• Hurricane rated to 140 mph winds.
• Quality hardware used throughout. 16AWG stainless steel brackets and bolt, nuts and self-tapping screws for stability and long life.
• Whisper-quiet, direct current, variable voltage, sealed ball bearing and hardened shaft motor with steel motor housing dynamically balanced for superior performance.
• Specially designed one piece, 12” aluminum 5 blade fan pitched for maximum air flow. Operates quietly with no harmonic noise.
• Heavy gauge, stainless steel bird and rodent screen with 1/8” openings provides maximum protection from insects and animals without impeding air flow.
• One unit ventilates attic spaces up to 1800 sq ft
• 5 year limited defective parts warranty
Benefits of a Solar Powered Super Cyclone
All attic ventilators, powered or solar vent out the hot air built up within the attic, but a solar unit offers additional benefits not possible with a powered product. Because a Solar Dynamics PAV turns on at dawn, it goes to work immediately, first to eliminate the moisture that has built up from the cool overnight air, and second, to prevent heat build up before it has a chance to build up to the point of convection. A standard PAV has to reach a high temperature before the thermostat kicks in and tells it to start working. By this time the moisture has already worked its way into the insulation and the walls, doing its damage. Because it has to play “catch-up” the PAV is already starting out at a disadvantage and must run all day. Driven off AC power, a PAV can be noisy emitting “harmonic noise”, and although it is possible to override the thermostat and let it run, the motor is not designed to handle this constant demand.
Color: Black Only