SDF-20GM (Gable Mount) Our Gable Mount exhaust fan is designed to fit behind a existing 16” gable vent in the attic.In most cases a 2x4 or 2x6 curb will have to be constructed behind the existing vent to mount the product. In some truly older homes the gable vent may be the only ventilation on the home and there is no soffit ventilation what so ever. In cases like this, the addition of soffit ventilation will always be a good idea (where it can be added when there is an over hanging eve that can be reached), if this is not possible an alternate source for intake flow such as air hawks or additional end gable vent will be needed.
Gable Mount Installations: With a gable mount installation, the ventilator is installed in the side or gable of the attic. Because the gable may not face the sun, the product utilizes the same remote panel as found in the remote roof mounts. The panel is installed on the roof where it captures the sun’s energy and powers the fan via a 15’ wire. As with the remote mount fan, the homeowner can add up to 50’ of wire if necessary.
• 7-1/2” high profile, Flush Mount Design
• 20 watt, state-of-the-art solar panel circuitry captures sunlight even on overcast days. Totally weatherproof panels designed for optimum efficiency constructed of tempered glass to resist hail and extreme weather conditions.
• Dome and Base molded with UV-stabilized ABS color-dyed plastic to prevent damage from sunlight and provide greater stability. Low profile, square design integrates well with shingles.
• Hurricane rated to 140 mph winds.
• Quality hardware used throughout. 16AWG stainless steel brackets and bolt, nuts and self-tapping screws for stability and long life.
• Whisper-quiet, direct current, variable voltage, sealed ball bearing and hardened shaft motor with steel motor housing dynamically balanced for superior performance.
• Specially designed one piece, 12” aluminum 5 blade fan pitched for maximum air flow. Operates quietly with no harmonic noise.
• Heavy gauge, stainless steel bird and rodent screen with 1/8” openings provides maximum protection from insects and animals without impeding air flow.
• One unit ventilates attic spaces up to 1800 sq ft
• 5 year limited defective parts warranty
Benefits of a Solar Powered Super Cyclone
All attic ventilators, powered or solar vent out the hot air built up within the attic, but a solar unit offers additional benefits not possible with a powered product. Because a Solar Dynamics PAV turns on at dawn, it goes to work immediately, first to eliminate the moisture that has built up from the cool overnight air, and second, to prevent heat build up before it has a chance to build up to the point of convection. A standard PAV has to reach a high temperature before the thermostat kicks in and tells it to start working. By this time the moisture has already worked its way into the insulation and the walls, doing its damage. Because it has to play “catch-up” the PAV is already starting out at a disadvantage and must run all day. Driven off AC power, a PAV can be noisy emitting “harmonic noise”, and although it is possible to override the thermostat and let it run, the motor is not designed to handle this constant demand
Color: Black Only